Extension Building, When to get Electrician and Plumber In

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am in the midst of building an extension. Currently i am building the walls and should have the roof on at some point in the near future.
Going into this extension will be a kitchen so there is Electrical and Plumbing required.
The floor at the moment is the concrete oversight, going on top of this eventually will be the celotex insulation and the plywood flooring.
When would the best time be to get the electricians and plumbers in to do what they do?
Lee

Sponsored Links
As soon as the extension is weathertight.

But after you have full, dimensioned kitchen drawings.....

You can run the cables / pipes on top of oversite.

Our electrician runs cables in copex around the perimeter - dont let electricians / plumbers runs services in any random direction or you will struggle get the insulation down.

Do your floor celetex in 2 layers, say 50mm then 50mm. Put down first layer cutting around pipes etc, put down 2nd at 90 degs.

As soon as the extension is weathertight.....
….and once any knock-through work is complete, casings are fitted (with indications to which side the door is hung) as well as any other carcassing i.e. stud partitions etc.

….and once any knock-through work is complete, casings are fitted (with indications to which side the door is hung) as well as any other carcassing i.e. stud partitions etc.

I did a job last year where the customers plumber decided he had to be doing first fix for rads and kitchen on the same we were doing a knock-through. Services for and water gas were right in the opening.

The plumber was a right numpty - he put lots of pushfit joints in the floor area o_O

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back