Extension Built - Rules Not Followed - Neigbours "Hate..it" - 2B Demolished

Reaction score
Country
Palau
Not my cup of tea but from the one pic i feel it has enhanced the street value, ceiling price.

Could it be pure jealousy??

I've seen property extended up to the corner wall and the end of a street looks like a prison but in this case he has left space.

upload_2022-5-3_20-12-28.png

NINTCHDBPICT000730380204.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/18447335/monstrosity-extension-demolished-neighbour-delight/

Sponsored Links
Not my cup of tea but from the one pic i feel it has enhanced the street value, ceiling price.

Could it be pure jealousy??

I've seen property extended up to the corner wall and the end of a street looks like a prison but in this case he has left space.

View attachment 268821

NINTCHDBPICT000730380204.jpg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/18447335/monstrosity-extension-demolished-neighbour-delight/
Just a quick look and you can see that is a lash up and it needs tearing down. Is that a new design of guttering?
The mortar bed on the top course of the front wall is good for a laugh to cheer you up when you get home from work

Classy. Maybe keep the columns, a bit like Birmingham's own Parthenon. (Sorry, haven't read the article - just guessing it's the Birmingham area).

Sponsored Links
Looks awful,

But why does everything these days have to be made about mental health all the time,

"This is on the basis of the complexity of the issues and the impact that this ongoing situation is having on the mental health of surrounding neighbours."

I can't imagine that this sort of thing plays with people's mental health, it looks awful, and it be annoying but Christ almighty, leave the mental health Botox out if it

Classy. Maybe keep the columns, a bit like Birmingham's own Parthenon. (Sorry, haven't read the article - just guessing it's the Birmingham area).
Stoke.

You could brick round the pillars and it would look a bit better?

Just jealousy IMO; "if thine eye offends thee, pluck it out".

Noisy neighbours holding all-night parties can be far worse than this.

Just jealousy IMO
I could give you a list.

Most of the block paviors on the edge of that wall will come loose. The wall should ALWAYS supersede the paviors (paviors abut the wall not wall abut paviors). There are loads more poor finishing details especially roofline. I'm of the opinion those Corinthian columns do not enhance the property one bit.

I got a feeling it’ll be even less in keeping when mohammed shorab dismantles it .

I got a feeling it’ll be even less in keeping when mohammed shorab dismantles it .
I think the objection directive is aimed at the porch and canopy. If he can rectify the breach then he only need remove small bits. I think it would be a blessing actually as the columns look naff. Sutton Coldfield or Streetly in the 80's springs to mind.

I think the objection directive is aimed at the porch and canopy. If he can rectify the breach then he only need remove small bits. I think it would be a blessing actually as the columns look naff. Sutton Coldfield or Streetly in the 80's springs to mind.
I agree - the columns stand out like sore thumbs, and omitting them, or even finishing them in a darker tone, would have drawn far less attention to the design.

Just the thought of stepping up to that front door pains me ... or maybe the builders are about to construct a quality set of steps :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back