Extension Concerns

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My in laws live in a semi detached house and their neighbours in the other semi are having an extension built at the moment. The extension has a slanted roof. At three rows of bricks above where the extension roof meets the house walls, the builder has cut into the cement between the next row of bricks. The length of the line he has cut is about the length of 6 standard brick lengths. Does anyone know why he has done this or is he a cowboy builder ?

Thanks in advance to all replies.

Sponsored Links
Probably to stick the lead flashing into the wall.

fixingtoabutmentwalls.gif

Not cowboy at all but a proper job.

. Does anyone know why he has done this or is he a cowboy builder ?

Why on earth would you associate cutting into a wall with being a cowboy builder? :eek: :rolleyes:

For the life of me, I can't understand that connection at all :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies and I understand what they are trying to do now. I didnt mean to offend but the builders have been aggressive, rude and intimidating so we hope the extension is soon completed.

Thanks again.

the builders have been aggressive, rude and intimidating

Well, that's a sign that they are proper builders then.

Being really nice, and chatty - especially in a Polish twang, would be a giveaway that something is afoot

Seriously .... customer service and politeness is not something any builder is renowned for, but that does not reflect on the standard of work

Arhhh yes, there is always one :rolleyes: . LOL

Yes they are out there :oops:

Anyway what are you doing posting in the middle of the day - and it's not raining either

Anyway what are you doing posting in the middle of the day - and it's not raining either

My oppo is holidaying in Majorca this week, we have the plumb's and sparks fitting out the first fix at the extension we are building so i'm on a go slow week, hoorah!

Fitted some aquapanel today (shower) and patched up some joist holes.

Tomorrow fit some cav clodgers and maybe drill a vent hole.

Wed...golf....Thu...golf....Fri....golf....... :eek: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back