Extension costs in 2021

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

This has probably been asked a lot on here but prices seem to be rocketing and so I would like other peoples thoughts…

I want to do a front porch/living room lean to extension roughy 5 x 1.5 m.

What sort of price per Sqm should I be looking for at a shell only

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A big part of the price hikes is demand is soaring- its not all supply issues. Im currently having a 2 storey side extension. Ground floor is a garage and dining room, upstairs is a bedroom and en suite. The building firm are basically building the shell - footings (which are 7 feet deep ), walls, new roof and retiling existing roof to match. Suspended timber floor for dining room, joists and flooring first floor. And the estimate for that was just over 50k..... but I suspect that will rise to nearer 55. I need to sort windows, doors, plastering, wiring and plumbing out. Most of the internal stuff I can do myself, with the exception of the wiring and installation of unvented cylinder.

Thanks for your reply. Yes it is a demand issue. That does seem like good value. How big is your extension? And where are you based?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back