Extension costs!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya all!

I just bought a semi-detached house and want to extend the back of it - to make a bigger kitchen and dining space as the kitchen is so tiny I feel claustrophobic!

I know NOTHING about extensions and would be ever so grateful if anyone can provide an estimate as to how much it would cost, I'm possibly looking at a 3m x 5m extension.

Any ideas? and would I need planning permisison for this too? Would a conservatory be cheaper? but then with a conservatory I may not be able to have the open space I am after, is that right?

ANY help or suggestions appreciated

thanks!

Sponsored Links
For extension costs see here: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=211759 prob around 15K + fees.

Planning Permission is unlikely to be required assuming you mean it is 3m deep as it should qualify for Permitted Development, check here: http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/england/public/buildingwork/projects/workcommonextensionreal/

A conservatory will undoubtedly be cheaper but in order to class it as a conservatory you need to retain external doors between it and the dwelling, otherwise it will be deemed an extension and be subject to full building regs. If you want part or all of your new kitchen in the new build a conservatory wll not really be feasible and you will need to do a proper extension anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back