Extension Elec Box relocation help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any info will be appreciated,

Im just about to have an extension on side of my house which currently has my elec meter/box so in my plans it was ok'd for mr to put at the front of the new build,

ive just completed footings to find that the mains cable running up my drive also Spurs off where my extension will be built and feeds next doors box.

I have to have a raft footing too,

1, Does this cause me and neighbour much of a problem.
2, Does this work have to be done by my Elec supplier.
3, What is the estimated cost of moving box and replacing wires and would i have to pay for the rewire of next doors if this needs doing

Thanks

Sponsored Links
each house or home will have an individual supply and cable, i cannot imagine what you mean by a spur to the neighbour. :confused:

any work to the armoured cable mains feed to the building will need to be carried out by your electric company contractors.

there are set procedures and set fees depending upon distance from existing to new. your electric company will send you some forms and a billing scale.

you will need to buy a new meter box and brick it into its new position. the electric contractors do the rest. they will probably use the existing meter and hockey stick if they are still current.

p.s. the electric company will be responsible for the continuity of electric supply to the neighbour.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back