extension finished but not heard from building regs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had a single story extension built and it was completed last march 2010, building control were involoved from the start and my electrics were installed by a part p who issued the concuil with a certificate. the guy came out about 10 months ago and said he was happy with everything but ive not heard from them since? is this right or should I have a completion certificate and do you have to pay more money for this, ive already paid for the plans to be submitted and another fee for inspection

thanks everyone

Sponsored Links
A certificate is normally issued by default. However, if one was not requested at the time of the application being submitted and the the LABC have closed the file their end, then they may charge you for a copy of it. It will not be much though, maybe around £6.

But as mikric said, call them.

Sponsored Links
Give the council a call and check. You may find that there is just something minor outstanding, have you sent them the commisioning cert's etc - they will not chase you for them.

They should not charge you for a replacement unless the file has gone into archive, which normally only happens after about 6 years.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back