extension project

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Nice looking extension, inside & outside. Good match with the new & old brickwork.

Was it built around about christmas time :?: As in one of the pictures, there is a rope light up on the house

We started building it early may, 2 years ago took us about 8 months to compleat.
i cant say exactly how much it cost but we did everything but the plumbing side of things so it was just materiels probably close to 20k to build.
We recently sold this house and bought a new house which we have nearly completed a rear kitchen extension.

*** Excellent extension inside and out ***

I am wondering about an extension on my own home but I dont know where to start. Can anyone recommend some good books or web site on the process to go through in the early stages?

I dont even know how I would get the best space/value out of an extension. Just want to start gathering some ideas and understanding over the next few months.

the gas meter box should be moved to an external wall.

all of transco's pipes should be accessible and not beneath any structure.

if building control or even the architect has not mentioned it then leave well alone.

one architect, whose drawings i regularly work to, always insists upon having the gas meter repositioned. he says it is a 'requirement'.

transco are responsible but it will cost around £900. you need to fill out a form and send it off. they will dig down and find the pipe just before it enters your garage. if it is yellow plastic they can use a welded connector and route it round to the external wall.

you will need to fit a new meter box to this wall, at about 750mm up from the floor. they will remove the existing meter and re-locate it in the new meter box. they will connect the yellow pipe to the meter via a 'hockey stick' conduit.

if you have an old iron pipe they will feed the new plastic pipe down the iron pipe, using it as a conduit.

i think you have the option to use your own plumber or theirs to re-route the copper supply back to the domestic pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back