Extension Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Just wondering if anyone has any insight. I am interested in getting a rear extension. Currently there is a small extension where the bathroom used to be however I had the bathroom moved upstairs and it is now an office. As you can see, the soil pipe runs straight down next to the kitchen window. My question is If I had an extension would this mean that I would have to have a downstairs bathroom in order to accommodate it? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.jpeg
    IMG_0159.jpeg
    277.9 KB · Views: 741
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You would have to consider building over the drain from the svp :!:

Depending on where your drain runs, and if the drain is shared with neighbors all in a row, you may need to get permission to build over it or to make alterations to the drain underground.

don't understand, how could the branch drain running from the svp to the drain be moved :?:
Move the SVP, fit a new drain connection outside the extension footprint, and the section of drain becomes redundant and can be removed.

PB2VZ8U.png

Move the SVP, fit a new drain connection outside the extension footprint, and the section of drain becomes redundant and can be removed.
Yes Sergei, if the bathroom is being relocated to the external wall of the new extension :!::?:

No Alexander, bathrooms can stay in the same place and pipes can be moved, extended or diverted.
Some clarification required for joec for pipe run with svp on outside wall of new extension and bathroom in existing location. (pipe couldn't run in first floor space if traditional joists at right angles to direction of run for example ) Is a single or 2 storey extension proposed anyway. Let's have some more detail on what sort of extension is proposed and then Sergei can perhaps give a more specific solution for the new drainage above ground.
ps Alexander has some knowledge of pipe runs having worked on the conversion of inner city buildings to apartments where upper floors were built up with chipboard panels on polystyrene insulation and drainage pipes were run across the floor in the insulation space ,a cast iron drainage system was then suspended below the concrete first floor ,but I don't think that sort of thing would be appropriate in this case. pps not sure of exact sort of insulation used so no Grenfell comments thank you :!:

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back