Exterior filler for fresh render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps.

I have a couple of 200mm x 200mm low spots in fresh render, probably only 2 or 3mm deep. Is there a product or technique I can use to build these out before painting, for instance some kind of SBR/cement/sand slurry used as a filler, or a particular paint/product?

Please don't say hack it all off.... pleaaaase!

Gary

Sponsored Links
Regardless of what you use to patch it a patch will be more noticeable than a dip.

Agree, render’s basically totally unsandable as it will just wear away which kind of makes any normal filling and making good really hard/impossible. You can’t even blend in paint edges if you have loose paint (well I can’t, some pros may).
How bad is it? most render will have the odd dip and will only show when the sun catches it...even jobs that I’ve seen done round here by very good plasterers which look mint, can show blemishes when painted white and the sun goes across it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks chaps . I think I might just paint it and see how it looks as the light hits it. We're going for a dark colour anyway which might help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back