Exterior Paint, advice...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, currently live in average sized 3 bed end of terrace. the house at the minute is a tired looking magnolia, looking to freshen up the appearance by doing it in white. No major problems on the surface, a few cracks here and there which i will fill and tidy up. Paintwork is shabby at the rear of the house, its bubbled and flaked over the white paint underneath it, in places but not everywhere, mainly around the garden door actually cant see it happening anywhere apart from there. Right, waffling over...will it suffice just to scrape off the sh!**y bits of paint and then paint over? Or is this an indication of something else which will need more attention? And, I'm looking to go over the house in Dulux Weathershield or similar, is that any good? Or any alternative paint i should look into? Thanks for taking time to read this!

Sponsored Links
You wont have any problems with dulux Weathersheil. Where ever you scrape the flaky paint off will need a coat of stabilsing solution to fasten it back prior to painting.

You wont have any problems with dulux Weathersheil. Where ever you scrape the flaky paint off will need a coat of stabilsing solution to fasten it back prior to painting.
ok, makes sense...looking to go over the tired looking garage too, this concrete shell is really shabby, i guess using the same stabilising solution first should help to keep the fresh paint on? thanks for your reply

Sponsored Links
The stabilsing solution is only for areas that are powdery and flaking prior to the emulsion going on. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back