Exterior Wall Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I wonder if someone could give me some advice. The paint on my exterior wall has peeled off in four or five areas (about the size of my hand - or less in each area). This was due to a water ingresse problem which has now been addressed and repaired, so its just a question of addressing the areas where the paint as flaked off.
The affected area is right at the front of my house so I am keen to get a good a finish as possible.
I should add that the remaining paintwork on the wall is completely sound, other than the areas that I have described.
I have sanded the affected areas as much as possible between the substrate and the existing paintwork.
Should I use sealer and primer (before repainting the affected areas) - I'm wondering that if I do that then perhaps there will still be a kind of "patchwork" effect between the repainted area and the rest of the wall.
Or perhaps I should be considering an external filler perhaps (much as you would do on an interior wall)
Any advice or suggestions would much appreciated - regards terry

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back