exterior wall painting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a wall to my yard in common brick, which I have added several courses to with engineering brick, as they are less permeable. I've painted it with Dulux Weather shield but the commons keep flaking. I've tried sealing and putting PVA on it over the years, but it still keeps flaking, any clues about a lasting finish. I have considered Lime wash, but where do I get it from?
Yes it does say on the tin not suitable for commons, but I have even tried emulsion first. I suspect it's the water they absorb preventing, and then on temperature change making it flake.
Any ideas you Masters of DIY?
cheers
mikey

Sponsored Links
Try sraping off as much paint material as possible.

Then coat wall with Zamix Superprime.

Then apply two coats of an Acrylic Based Smooth Masonry Paint.

Bricks are notorious..and paint struggles to stay on them..the engeneering bricks will flake as well.

Sponsored Links
thanks 3rd i, will try, zampa the engineering bricks have been painted for 5 yrs and still no flake, maybe it's cause I PVA'd them 1st
regards
mikey

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back