1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

External brick shed for boiler and hit and cold water tank??

Discussion in 'Building' started by Parrotface, 15 May 2020.

1. Parrotface

Parrotface

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    We just heard back about an inquiry we had concerning a 2 brick sheds against a house we are buying... this is the reaponse

“Our client confirms one houses the central heating boiler, one houses the hot and cold water tanks and general storage (currently has a tumble dryer). They all have electricity connected”.

is this usual????? Never heard it it before! It just looks like a Brick storage cupboard against the kitchen. Should I be alarmed??

2. KenGMac

KenGMac

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Parrotface, good evening.

I have seen several such boiler housings, but the fuel was Oil, and Kerosene stinks, I have also visited houses, generally remote where the oil Boiler was in [generally] the kitchen, the first thing you could smell going in the front door was Kerosene.

In general terms housing the hot and cold tanks externally is not unknown but? the heat loss and potential frost damage can be high

Careful consideration to frost protection must be a priority? especially up here???

Ken.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. endecotp

endecotp

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I know of one property with boiler (now gas, previously oil) and hot water cylinder in a brick “boiler house” outside the kitchen; it works well. Frost stat and cylinder insulation obviously required.

5. ^woody^

^woody^

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it's a high crime area, yes.

The sheds are normal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sponsored Links