External LV downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to run a new LV lighting kit to the soffit of my porch from an existing switch indoors. The switch is currently a 2 gang 2 way, controling the stairs and lobby lights. I intend to replace this with a 3 gang so that the new LV downlighters can be controlled from the same position. The transformer for the LV lights has a brown and blue wire on the mains side.
How do I connect this in?

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for all the responses.
The so called "qualified" electrician who wired the house in the first place (less than two months ago - it's a new house) left a number of interesting quirks such as none of the appliances in the kitchen wired to the isolator switch, the bathroom light wired to the bathroom isolator instead of the fan.......if I cant make a better job of than that I'll eat my hat.
The dangerous DIYers are the ones who open up a junction box and have a go without researching at all and just have a go.
It was my intention, should I be at all unsure of how to, to call in a "qualified" electrician to do it "correctly". At least then I'll have someone else to blame.
As it happens, it was all fairly straight forward with the help of this forum and the very useful How To pages which covered all the issues.

[Edited by sheffield on 09-12-2002 at 9:17 AM GMT]

[Edited by sheffield on 09-12-2002 at 9:18 AM GMT]

Sponsored Links