external skirting board joint on wall out after plastering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if anyone can give me a few tips on fitting skirting board at external joint that is well out because of recent plastered walls.

I have managed to fit skirting board in my bedroom but one external joint won't line up right even though i have mitered the joints at 45 degrees on mitre box.

I have scribed the internal ones without problems but this one external corner has got me stumped as it is not at a 90 degree angle,can anyone tell me how to do this one external corner .Any help appreciated. :(

Sponsored Links
Are skirtings to be painted? You can make the joint 90 degree's and then backfill any gaps behind board or if it's too far out just fill the open mitre joint.

Are skirtings to be painted? You can make the joint 90 degree's and then backfill any gaps behind board or if it's too far out just fill the open mitre joint.

Hi the skirting boards are staying pine and i am gonna stain them with clear varnish.Had enough of gloss .

I would slowly plane the front touching edge down or the rear touching edge down (depending on which way the wall was out) until I found the right angle, obviously you would leave the skirting long in case you went too far and cut to size when you found the right angle

Sponsored Links
Hold the skirting against the wall and draw a pencil line at the bottom on the floor then turn it onto the other wall face and do the same . The intersecting lines will give the angle to cut at.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back