External Telephone Cable

ricicle said:
Couldn't resist it sorry if you want to play word games.
I don't see how asking straight questions is any kind of word game, although your act of ignoring and evading the questions could be taken that way.

Isn't notifying an official body ie LABC introducing a form of control into work that could previously go unchecked if done by a DIYer or cowboy.
Yes it is, but you said that Part P was supposed to control home work, and it isn't. Nor does it achieve anything in practise because the overwhelming majority of DIYers have no interest in notifying the LABC.

BTW, I notice that you've snuck the word "cowboy" into the category of DIYers. Why?

He's got enough on his plate without worrying about me and my knife
Mm yes, like all the failed connections to remedy. At least you've conceded that it would worry him.

Sponsored Links
Softus,
If you want to pull apart my every word then thats up to you.The ODPM has laid down these regulations in the belief that every one will follow them.They have said that all work which they have deemed notifiable will be,and the areas they see as potentially more dangerous to install in (ie kitchen,bathroom,outside equipotential zone) or more involved works will be CONTROLLED (either by their own inspection or tested by a registered spark)
So isn't that what is SUPPOSED to happen,even if it doesn't.Same as a 60 mph sign is supposed to make everyone keep to that speed max.
I was not catergorizing DIYers with cowboys,just saying that those 2 groups (along with MAYBE other trades) might not have tested any work in these areas like a pro spark would and should have been doing all along so now it is Supposed to be under closer control.
BTW, which questions did I ignore

R

ricicle said:
If you want to pull apart my every word then thats up to you.
I don't, and I'm not. If I did want to, then rest assured that you'd know about it.

The ODPM has laid down these regulations in the belief that every one will follow them.
In that case the ODPM is about as naive as you are. Or, possibly, it's as big a liar as you are.

They have said that all work which they have deemed notifiable will be,and the areas they see as potentially more dangerous to install in (ie kitchen,bathroom,outside equipotential zone) or more involved works will be CONTROLLED (either by their own inspection or tested by a registered spark)
I don't agree that this is a control, because there is no process (yet) by which non-notified work is either prevented or detected, which makes a mockery of any intent, regardless of whether or not you've correctly stated that intent.

So isn't that what is SUPPOSED to happen,even if it doesn't.Same as a 60 mph sign is supposed to make everyone keep to that speed max.
Indeed so, but both cameras and the police force are deployed with the aim of detecting and faciliating prosecution of speeders - there is no corollary with Part P.

I was not catergorizing DIYers with cowboys,just saying that those 2 groups (along with MAYBE other trades) might not have tested any work in these areas like a pro spark would and should have been doing all along so now it is Supposed to be under closer control.
I don't understand why you expect to take you seriously when you list "cowboys" and "DIYers" as "trades". :rolleyes:

BTW, which questions did I ignore
The ones that you didn't answer, viz:

Ricicle said:
This has worked for me as I've said and this guy is only doing one connection does he want to buy a tool for this
I dunno - why don't you ask him?

Ricicle said:
And as for the right tool for the right job I suppose none of you have EVER used snips to strip a wire or a knife to strip a flex.......
Why would I use the wrong tool when I have the right tools for the job?

Sponsored Links
It's not abuse to describe someone as a liar when I don't believe the preposterous claim of zero faults in this situation: "Hundreds of telephone/network points done in a factory of 500 people (always moving around) not one bad connection in 10 years".

ricicle said:
If thats your view or anyone elses then I'll respect it.
Well, you don't respect it enough to answer the questions that you got me to repeat. :rolleyes:

Not an unreasonable postulate, but certainly wrong in the case of "why don't you ask him?".

Why don't you ask him?

He's probably a qualified communication engineer by now and is too busy using his krone tool to spare the time

R

Well you managed to ask me instead, so you may now assume that I'm also too busy to respond to any more of your posts. Finit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back