external timber / render finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
afternoon all,
just finishing a small porch which adjoins my neighbours flat roof garage. BCO said we could do the party wall as a simple stud construction which is all in place. I now need to finish the small triangle which sticks up above his flat roof and follows the line of my sloping roof porch. We just have plain studwork to work off so we have a free choice of what material to fix to it as the base for a rendered finish. Was thinking of a bit of external ply or sterling board with metal lath + render. Any probs with that or any better way of doing it? TIA
Nick

Sponsored Links
OK woody thanks. WBP it is then. Any waterpoof membrane on it, or just fix the lath directly on the board?

Normally a breather membrane, but as this is just a small area, unless you have some lying about then just use polythene or some roofing felt if that is to hand

Remember the detail to allow for flashing to the neighbours roof - eg flashing should go behind the render not up against or into it

Sponsored Links
Ok cheers, I've got some breather membrane left over. For the flashing I was going to put it on before rendering - thought I would tuck it up behind the render stop bead and then create a bellcast type feature. Is that OK?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back