Extortionate quotes for replacement boiler........

Advertising just shows how many gullible people there are around, and what better way to reach the zombie couch potato than through the only medium they know ad's.

Lets not kid ourselves, ad's are full of B*llsh*t. From the glossy BG man with no muck and not a crease in sight on his overall's barring the stay-pressed trousers. But that's what the couch potato wants; to be faked, told the world is a wonderful place and the guy is doing you a favour.

Ignorance is bliss and the less we ask the more they like it, I mean for gods sake don't you dare to think for yourself, that is tantamount to treason, don't dare to ask questions, else you'll be shot, and stop breathing until we tell you to.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have been reading the New Labour master plan for the 'educashun' system.

Educate children to be non-thinking drones, support them on the state/benefits when they leave school, then you can push them around and sell them any old line of b.s. :(

Advertising just shows how many gullible people there are around, and what better way to reach the zombie couch potato than through the only medium they know ad's.

Lets not kid ourselves, ad's are full of B*llsh*t. From the glossy BG man with no muck and not a crease in sight on his overall's barring the stay-pressed trousers. But that's what the couch potato wants; to be faked, told the world is a wonderful place and the guy is doing you a favour.

Ignorance is bliss and the less we ask the more they like it, I mean for gods sake don't you dare to think for yourself, that is tantamount to treason, don't dare to ask questions, else you'll be shot, and stop breathing until we tell you to.

you mean the guy from big brother wont come out and sell me a powerflush?

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure why are collegue's in Bradford are getting so much stick, if they want to charge £1300 wants the problem ?? I've been in the trade for over 40 years now and i like to think i now a good job from a bad one.
you've got to remember that power flushing was something BG started pushing to make easy money, not everyone things its the *******s, chemicals wer'nt always used and design of heating systems as changed dramatically over the years so what was once thought to be good practice is now nown to be wrong. If you do a straight combi swap you can make good money when you can buy a HE combi from £450

im down from merseyside next week working on a property in foxton near market harborough.ill stay an extra day and fit you a vaillant etc for about 2000 quid.my mate works as a breakdown engineer in leicester as well, he will quote you if you want.

With regards to flushing systems when fitting new boilers, 20years ago if you fitted a new boiler it had a cast iron heat exchanger and water ways the size of your arms running through them. An inch of ****e in the heat ex didnt make much difference. Modern appliances have tiny waterways by comparion and are much more prone to system debris. It might not be essential but it should be done as best practise IMO. BG only flush systems on boiler changes if the customer has paid through the nose for it. Probably 50% arent flushed and a few years down the line the repair guys are having to deal with the problems. Had it been cleaned and treated correctly in the 1st place the majority wouldnt have these issues.

@ tibbot I think agreeable is the wrong word, card, stupidity or what, Like I'm going to spend that much using a card sheeeez!
What`s a card sheez ..is it like a scam :confused:

why would you want to edit a quote to make it sound like it has no sense when the reply to the quote makes no sense because the quoted quoted has been edited out of context and manipulated to portray me as uneducated! as the post below yours seems to have aptly and foolishly interpreted. But, to enlighten you my friend, 'a card' is a credit card, these are little flexible plastic sheets with a magnetic strip on them, they enable you to pay for things in retail outlets, over the internet and several other options where they have access to a credit card machine. The shortened term 'card' was used because the previous reference to a card was given a more complete title i.e. credit card, because of this the second reference is inferred from the previous being such a short distance from the first reference in the paragraph.

The phrase Sheeez! is one of obvious frustration.

Original quote... Sheeez!
@ tibbot I think agreeable is the wrong word, Greedy is more like it, it's the people that should have been more conservative unfortunately lending was abundant and common-sense wasn't.
I actually told my bank to reduce my card allowance, £15,000 on a credit card, stupidity or what, Like I'm going to spend that much using a card sheeeez!

I'll go back to whittling wood on ma porch now!

1983 I was installing vailant sine 18 combi's on new and existing system's there was never a mention of flushing pipework (power or otherwise) I used to charge customers £100 to flush out and use Fernox MB1 and gave them a 5 year warrantee on rads We only got £200 for &7rads and boiler, so it made a big difference to our wages. 1995 installing for BG we used to cold flush and use X100 About this time they started using power flush but only on older installs.

It was never appropriate for corporations to take control of the service industry. CORGI was a charity, now Capita run GasSafe, with the profits going to shareholders.

Has everyone forgotten Thatcher?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back