Extra battery for Stanley Fat Max req'd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and seasons greetings to all.
This is my first post on these forums so a big hello to everyone.
I often need some info on my requirements for my DIY jobs and I have a wealth of experience in most things building and car restoration so I thought it was about time I registered on a decent forum!
I have just bought one of those Stanley drill drivers in the sales. Its a Fat-Max FMC010LA which uses the FMC085L battery and I could do with a spare battery but I cant find one for sale anywhere. Can someone on here please point me in the correct direction so I can buy one?
many thanks in advance. Steve

Sponsored Links
This is the right one I think. They don't actually state "FMC085L" in the listing which is odd (probably why you couldn't find any for sale), but if you zoom in on the photo it looks right. Probably worth messaging them to double check the code first.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161594897243

Gaz :)

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Many thanks for that Gaz. I think that is indeed the correct battery for the drill. I think I'll snap that one up! I've had a good look on line and its strange that some of them are priced at twice that of the one you have found. A bit of opportunist work going on there!

Sponsored Links
Well you are right there! The drill was only £45 at Homebase in their sale. They don't sell the batteries either. Argos did have them for £35 but don't have any at the moment. There's a guy on ebay who has seven at £35 each and several other sources at £70.
So what I've done is just buy another drill. Makes a lot more sense than just ending up with only the battery after paying almost the same money. Thanks to all on this thread and best Xmas wishes to all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back