extra light switch for new lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been converting my detached garage into 2 rooms.
At the moment there are 2 light switches, one either end of the garage & likewise a fleurescent light tube each end. there are also some outside garage wall lights....Whichever switch is pressed, all the above come on.
Ok, now i have built a stud wall seperating the garage in 2, 1 of the garage light tubes i have replaced for 10 ceiling spots & connected the spots feeds & original tube light feed via a new junction box. All works fine however I would like the spotlights to work independant of the other lights. can i run a feed off the existing light switch to a new light switch & feed to spotlights to this new switch for the spots to work seperate from the other half of the garage & outside light? I was thinking of putting in a dimmer switch if so?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Batteries flat for my dig camera!

thinking about it, could i just not wire the light switch for the spots direct to the junction box or garage consumer unit and remove the outside light & other flourescent tub feed to this switch, that way this light switch would work independently!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back