Extra Sockets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have recently had my house re-wired. My attached garage now has a double socket and a single light, each going back to its own circuit breaker on the fuseboard.

Is it easy enough to convert these into a ring of circuits and a ring of lights as I am considering using this for the outside lights etc, or will i need to re-wire to the fuseboard.

Thanks

S

:D

Sponsored Links
the lights can be a radial circuit, you dont wire them as a ring, its pointless.

the sockets should be okay as a radial too, provided the cable is 2.5mm² and the circuit breaker is rated at 20 amps or less. If this is the case, you can add as many sockets as you like (within reason :LOL: )

newtodiy123 said:
Can someone explain how I do this then please !!

Thanks

cant be bothered, why dont you help your self and look in the refernce section, that is why we have it

Sponsored Links
Don't be so rude.

Which section do I need, if you are going to be like that.

I thought this was a friendly forum !!

:evil:

I wasnt being rude, i was just stating the fact that i cant be bothered and that you should look in the refernce section.

i could have said note my signature instead

Well maybe it would haver been better not to say that !!

Any others like to point me in the right direction, either where in reference section or guidelines here.

Thanks

S

:idea:

the answers to your lighting circuit woes are all in our purpose-compiled reference thread which can be found at the top of electrics uk, or click on that bit of blue writing i just did.

as for sockets, if you can connect blue* to blue*, brown* to brown* and g+y to g+y, its pretty self-explanatory.

*old colours black and red respectively.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back