Extractor fan -2 core or 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am about to replace axial manual pull cord with a non timer Xpelair CF 20,which i want to come on and off with the light switch.The wire from the isolater to the fan is only 2 core,does this need to be 3 core or is that only for timer fans?

Sponsored Links
the cf20 has a humidistat doesnt it?

if so it will need a permanent feed to work correctly.

you could bridge the terminals to get it going but you bought a humidistat fan so you really want it to work properly.

Yes it does.So does that mean i will need to replace 2 core with three

Sponsored Links
Right oh ,so that`ll be 3 core from isolater to fan and from ceiling rose to isolater then

Thanks very much,think i`ll still get an expert in to it though.It`s a bit messy at the light as there isn`t a rose ,just a few blocks wrapped in isolating tape.Thank again,nice to have learnt something new

since your profile doesn't say where you are It's common practice round here to do the following with regards to electrics in bathrooms...

PART P.... PART P.... PART P.....

the alteration of circuits in bathrooms and kitchens is notifiable to your LABC before comencing work and a fee is usually payable..

your best bet is to get a registered sparky in.. will cost less than DIY and self notification..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back