Extractor fan insect mesh insert ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The fan getting clogged, trust me, it has never occurred and the old fan in the kitchen had been in use for 20 years and other than being wiped with a damp cloth, it has never been cleaned of vacuumed.

Both fans are easily accessible within the property and the fan in the kitchen often has dead woodlice and the odd earwig beneath it and these things the council identified as woolly bears or something, so considering the fans continuously running, there getting through somehow, which never occurred with the old fan with the fine mesh on the back.

Last edited:
Right, as these b….. fans run continuously and if there’s a sufficient speed/force to push the draught shutter open, then it’ll be no better as the force generated by the fan may prevent the shutter from closing.

Currently, other than the insects, it’s a persistent draught that’s barely detectable when placing my had around the fan but such a draught entering room for many hours, makes a noticeable difference to the temperature of the room.

I’ve also increased the continuous running fan speed to the highest setting to such an extent that the silent running continuous fan make a continuous annoying hum, especially when two fans are running on either side of my living room.

Although the fridge running, is much louder but it’s not as noticeable or annoying as the fans ?

Last edited:
I’ve also increased the continuous running fan speed to it highest setting to such an extent the silent running continuous fan make continuous annoying hum, especially when two fans are running on either side of my living room.

Although the fridge running, is much louder but it’s not as noticeable or annoying ?
Is that a rhetorical question?
You're the one in the house, not us.

Putting insect mesh on the inside of an exterior vent to be installed 5m above the ground - why would anyone do that?
To keep insect out, isn’t that obvious.

I don’t like finding dead wood lice, earwigs or other things on my worktop below the fan in the kitchen or on top of the toilet cistern in the bathroom.

To keep insect out, isn’t that obvious.

I don’t like finding dead wood lice, earwigs or other things on my worktop below the fan in the kitchen or on top of the toilet cistern in the bathroom.

Rather than being offensive - I do think you need to be looking at other potential reasons for that, than the lack of an insect mesh on your fan. I have a couple of such fans, with no similar issues of insects finding their way through them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back