Extractor fan time delay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The girlfriend’s fan and ceiling light are the kind which switch on when you enter the bathroom, then stay on for a good 15 minutes after leaving.

We’re hoping there’s a little pot somewhere which lets you adjust the delay till it switches off… presumably in the sensor… before I start opening it up, anybody know?

20190905_203336.jpg

20190905_203340.jpg

Attachments

• 20190905_203340.jpg
    20190905_203340.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 145
Sponsored Links
The timer adjustment is within the fan usually ( to alter the length of time the fan runs for) if that is what you want to alter. Or do you want to alter how long the light stays on as well ? That adjustment is within the sensor.

The timer adjustment is within the fan usually ( to alter the length of time the fan runs for) if that is what you want to alter. Or do you want to alter how long the light stays on as well ? That adjustment is within the sensor.

Thanks Terry - yes, we'd like to change the light delay too :)

Then you will need to show pics of wiring inside both fan and sensor there is more than one way it could have been done. The sensor timer may well control the fan ,which may not have a timer integral.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, will wheek the cover off and have a look... I may be able to identify it myself, but thought it might just be a well-known model and somebody could save me the bother :D

Why do you want to reduce the fan run on time ? 15 mins doesn't seem excessively long to clear the room of steam/ odours ?

Why do you want to reduce the fan run on time ? 15 mins doesn't seem excessively long to clear the room of steam/ odours ?

Well, she never uses the bathroom herself as she has a little en-suite, but when I'm visiting, I pop in for a pee from time to time, and having the fan & light running for what feels like ½ an hour afterwards is just annoying... maybe we're a bit OCD about that sort of thing, but you know how it is when something annoys you :(

Cheers, will wheek the cover off and have a look... I may be able to identify it myself, but thought it might just be a well-known model and somebody could save me the bother :D
Maybe somebody else can. Ideally the person who installed it !!!!! You never know ....watch this space.....:D

Well, there was a simple pot inside to turn the delay up and down, but turns out the thing has been faulty for a while, clicking on and off randomly... sigh.

Does anybody recognise the ceiling unit? Can I order an exact replacement somewhere?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back