Extractor fan to fit under floorboards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I need to fit an extractor fan in a downstairs wetroom. The plan is to have a ceiling fan that vents under the floorboards using rigid ducting. The problem is there is only circa 10cm of space under the floorboards and this has to fit the fan and a flat converter/90 degree angle bend which takes up circa 7cm. Any ideas on how to make this work or a decent fan that will fit in the tiny space that's left? All help greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
so the floor joists are sitting on subfloor /are joists only 100mm /have you included the thickness of joists in 10cm

if you only have 100mm can you not excavte between joists so you have enough depth maybe kango it out its a little hard to picture the layout its not often you get wooden floors with no real void space underneath

Sponsored Links
Bearing in mind that water vapour is lighter than air, an extractor fan with it's inlet at floor level will do little to remove condensation from the room.

I suggest overboarding the ceiling if no other suggestions come forward, although I admit this is a little OTT. However if they can live with the fan dangling from some sort of plinth then this may be the best way to go about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back