Extractor fan wiring guide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Can someone please explain what the attached image is saying. I have not come accross LA; LB before and am also not certain what REB or the C refer to in the 2 diagrams.

This is for the wiring of an extractor fan from my bathroom light point. Intention is that the fan will turn on with the switch. I would have thought that a permemnant and switched live would be needed, but can't make sense of it.

All frustrating when there are absolutely no instructions apart from this picture.

I think the left pic is what I need.

Much appreciated

( can't figure out how to show the picture in my album, but here is a link that will hopefully worlk)

//www.diynot.com/network/macadonald/albums/

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, it is part of the MixVent range, which does have 2 speed settings and now that you say it, the picture makes sense.

As I don't want to bother with 2 speed settings, would you think that the pic on the right would be more applicable. Can I simply run a switched live to either LA or LB (depending on the speed I want) and the neutral?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back