Extractor fans

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to change my extractor fan in the bathroom. The one there at present works when you put the light on therefore it has a switch live - think this is right!

I would like to chnage it to a pull cord one so there is no need for the switch live, do I just leave this out of the loop and put it in a terminal block?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
So you no longer want the fan to operate, at the same time as when the light is turned on?
Is there a fan isolator outside the the bathroom?

The one there at present works when you put the light on therefore it has a switch live - think this is right!

Does it also continue to run after you switch the light off? If so, then it will also have a permanent live feed, which is the one you would use for a fan just controlled by its own integral pullcord switch. As you say, the switched live would then just need to be made safe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back