f.22 on my vaillant turbomax plus boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a f.22 code on my vaillant bolier. I noticed the hot water stopped being hot all of a sudden and had a look at the bolier and that was the display it gave me. The radiator seems fine but as I said the hot water stopped working.

I rectified this for a few hours by switching the bolier off then back on. and that seemed to sort the problem for a while (a3-4 hours) but the code has re-appeared.

I checked the manual and it says it could be many reasons which are

1) no water in appliance- but the pressure is just over 1

2) pump cable defective

3) pump blocked or defective

4) pump output too low.

What can I do myself before I start booking plumbers as i have already spent ove 400 on fixing this boiler??

Sponsored Links
If I remember correctly this fault code is derived from an unacceptable temperature differential across the primary heat exchanger.

It normally indicates that there is a blockage or flow restriction or more rarely that the pump is not pumping adequately.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
I once had a f.22 code that turned out to be a thermistor fault

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back