F-35 Crash

Sponsored Links
The person responsible for releasing this footage should be keel hauled, then strung up to the highest yardarm and whipped with a cat 0'nine tails

And then shot at dawn for a week. I suspect if they catch the culprit his prospects for promotion will be greatly diminished.
Great footage though, I'd love to know exactly what happened, it looks almost as if there was a small explosion when the nose of the aircraft dipped. Was it complete engine failure?

The 'explosion' was the firing of the ejector seat when the pilot realised he was about to go sub-surface :(

The aircraft tends to have more vertical thrust than forward thrust at take off, as its speed does not generate enough wing lift.

It appears that he didn't have enough upward thrust at the point of ejection.

Thankfully the pilot was ok.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Another forum I post on with some members with first hand experience of similar incidents have reason to believe an engine rain cover was not removed prior to the launch.

Another forum I post on with some members with first hand experience of similar incidents have reason to believe an engine rain cover was not removed prior to the launch.

That would be shocking if true. All covers are counted and shown to the aircraft marshaller who then acknowledges all ok to the pilot.
A very expensive failure of basic a/c handling/launching procedures.
The pilot also walks around the aircraft before getting onboard.

That would be shocking if true. All covers are counted and shown to the aircraft marshaller who then acknowledges all ok to the pilot.
A very expensive failure of basic a/c handling/launching procedures.
The pilot also walks around the aircraft before getting onboard.
Exactly the point they were making, and guess who will get it in the neck?

As Doug says, it should be impossible for this this error (if confirmed) to ever happen. History shows that he and all the rest of us are wrong. Everything that can go wrong probably HAS gone wrong in mil aviation. You cannot regulate human behaviour that closely. The people who make these errors are in a high pressure business, all the time. When all the holes in the Swiss cheeses line up, you've done well if nobody dies.

Our driveway is on a reasonable gradient, not steep but more than noticeable, although the kerb is dropped, there's probably a 20mm 'lip', all these things combined with the wife's inability to judge the amount of thrust required to reverse the car up the drive without stalling reminds me of that clip.
Of course the pilot will never make that same mistake again, my wife will, tomorrow probably.

Should be both the marshall and the guy responsible for taking them off if that turns out to be the cause.

Well, we were a carrier navy for decades and these things would no doubt have been second nature. But then we weren't for years, people left and now things need to be re-learnt ... maybe the hard way.

As for the leak, there is nowadays an overriding desire to be the one with the news, the one that goes viral. And that desire seems to be greater than someone's loyalty to his shipmates and country.

Perhaps the source of the video is deeply concerned about the way things are run on this floating tax burden?

Could be many things really.

Does Sir require a full indepth psychological analysis of all naval personell through his letterbox tomorrow?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the source of the video is deeply concerned about the way things are run on this floating tax burden?
Yeah that's right. All service personnel can can just choose to do whatever they want - don't like the ship they are on, send a video. Don't like the war they are ordered to fight in, don't turn up. Just ignore the correct procedures and the papers they signed.

And then the liberal yellow hypocrites love to offer their cheer and support from their safe room back home, and wonder what keeps them there.

Sponsored Links
Back