f.75 ecofit pure 825

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've seen a few posts and videos on f.75 error and I just want to confirm if you think I could simply clean up the pressure sensor, replace it or if it might be the pump?

The boiler was switched off whilst I was away from the house and during this time, I had also replaced a basin in the bath and replacef with a new one plus new tap.

I finished the plumping work and basin. I went to turn on the boiler to check the hot water and then got f.75. The boiler is about 2.5 years old.

1. It starts up and you can hear something whirring then slient and then whirring again and then silent. This happens about three times. Then I get the error f.75.
2. The pressure on the boiler is at 1.8
3. Comfort is on.
4. There is a Wireless Salus thermostat attached

I've got a video here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/So7NS8FE9ik9ts1y8

Questions:
1. Does it sound like the pump is still functioning since it seems to be whirring several times to try and start?
2. How would I clean the pressure sensor?
3. Shall I just replace the pressure sensor?
5. Could it be something to do with trapped air in the system after the plumping so would bleeding the radiators work?

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
For starters , this isn’t a project. To work on this range of boiler requires gas safety checks afterwards as the cover forms part of the combustion circuit, so you need to be competent and have the correct testing equipment. I can’t hear anything on the video either.

Agree with you must be safe when trying to isolate the issue however for those of you that come across this and want to save £120 call out on a Sunday evening, this solved it for me:

1. Bleed the radiators (seems like when I was changing the taps/basin air got into the pipes
2. Fill the pressure using the filling loops. ( Even though it was already at 1.8, repressuring up to 2.0 seemed to be needed)

This worked for me. Stay safe and don't try if you are not sure.

Sponsored Links
Personally, I think it’ll be back, but great you’ve saved on a Sunday callout fee (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back