Vaillant EcoTec plus...no taps to add pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have a F.75 error code on my Vaillant ecotech plus and my pressure gauge is low. I watch the you tubes videos of what to do and it seems straightforward. Except I have no taps to turn under my boiler. They are just not there. Any advice on how I get heat tonight? What can I use to open the valves?

Attachments

• 4F57A002-90B1-4E1B-A768-2EFA1D558F63.jpeg
    4F57A002-90B1-4E1B-A768-2EFA1D558F63.jpeg
    30.4 KB · Views: 7,875
Sponsored Links
Don`t know your boiler Helen however somebody found their filling loop braided hose and two taps in a kitchen cupboard behind the rice last week.

Hi Helen,

Check in your airing/cylinder cupboard for the valves, the F.75 is a bane of a lot of people’s lives. It’s usually a part inside the boiler that’s failed, however can be thrown up with low pressure. When you have topped your pressure up, you need to press the reset button (top left if you have the leds on the front), and see what happens, don’t be surprised if it goes to F.75 again.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi, the tap handles for filling are only built into combi boilers, you have a system boiler so wont have them.

You boiler will be filled via an external filling loop, normaly one or two silver valves with black handles attached to a semi flexable silver braided hose. as said, airing cubbard where the hot water cylinder is can often be a good place to look.

After that, you do need to get the boiler repaired, as F75 does not mean low pressure (although topping it up will often get it going again) it means there is one or more faulty components in the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back