F&E tank keeps filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The feed and expansion tank for my central heating system keeps overflowing. The ballcock has been set correctly and there is no water being supplied from the feed inlet. As far as I can tell (by shining a torch into the tank and seeing particles floating around), the water is being pushed into the F&E tank from the supply that goes down to the heating. The tank continues to overflow whether the heating is running or not.

I'm really puzzled as to why this is happening...

Thanks for any help,

Ed.

Sponsored Links
Sounds possibly like the coil in your Cylinder has gone and its feeding back up from your domestic hot water tank.

There was a similar query to this within the last day or so. Suggestion was that water was being forced into the heating circuit as a result of a fault in the indirect coil inside the hot water cylinder. Is the level of your main cold water storage tank was above the level of your F & E tank? What is the rate of overflow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back