f2 vaillant turbomax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i have f 2 fault codes on vaillant turbo max plus

f 2 is not listed on pdf instructions :confused:

Sponsored Links
If you could be more specific please - what model Turbomax?
What are the symptoms?
Please read FAQ's etc

Looking at the Aspect Technical Bulletin, it says NTC cable defective.
Which one isn't defined, but there are three on that boiler.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the Aspect Technical Bulletin, it says NTC cable defective.
Which one isn't defined, but there are three on that boiler.

how much is a fixed price repair ?

£215 01773 828100

Thankyou dangermouse £215 for upto 3 ntc cables includes any other faults ? Are you a vaillant engineer ?

£215 covers the boiler repair, whatever that may entail (except exp vsl and main h/exch which isn't applicable here). You have an ntc/electronics fault-unlikely to be cables. You may need a new ntc or pcb both van stock items for a vaillant engineer.

£215 covers the boiler repair

Thankyou dangermouse

The fault code memory is full now what happens when new faults are logged?
Do i need to clear the memory to make room for new f codes and can i see what time date the f code happened ?

As an independent, I would expect to be able to replace all the NTCs and the harness for less than £215, probably not the PCB though.

The problem is that its the PCB which is deciding to show an F2 fault. That could be a fault within the PCB or an actual fault on the BTCs or their wiring.

If anyone called me then I would still come and repair a boiler with that fault code for no more than the £215 fixed price repair and would not expect to be losing money although if the PCB was faulty then most of our diagnostic fee would be eaten up subsidising the cost of the PCB if that was at fault.

I think the faults scroll through and the oldest get deleted as any new ones occur but I could be wrong.

Tony

I think the faults scroll through and the oldest get deleted as any new ones occur but I could be wrong.

Tony

that is correct. press the (- and i simultaneously) then press the i again. This will put a reference marker of "nnn" in the display.

that is correct. press the (- and i simultaneously) then press the i again. This will put a reference marker of "nnn" in the display.

dangermouse there are already 2 nnn markers i cant add a third and the are 10 faults f2 already . When a new f2 is added will it look the same ? I don't want to do a d96 factory reset to clear the codes there should be a short cut to clear the old codes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back