F25 error on boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a British Gas 330+ boiler and the display is showing a F25 fault. From what I can gather its actually a Glow-worm boiler and I've found this manual http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/6c/00/00/hxi_range.pdf that shows the F25 fault code to be Maximum Temperature Rise Slope (Possible Pump Failure/Air In System).

I'm guessing its the latter, air in system as the radiators have needed bleeding recently.

What's going to be the best way to sort this without having to call out a plumber.

Cheers in advance for the help :D

Crofty

Sponsored Links
Is the pressure correct at about 1.5 ???

Tony

set the temp on the boiler at 38C, turn the heating on and if need be might need to reset it a few times if it goes to error. Bleed the pump and any over bleed points you can find.

Sorry to revive an old post guys.

I managed to sort the F25 error by bleeding the pump and the upstairs radiators but it only fixes it for a short period of time and then the F25 error comes back and I have to re-start the process again.

I have a radiator in the bathroom that I can't bleed (seems like the bleed valve has rounded at the end) and this never seems to get hot. My guess was that this air in the radiator was being pushed around the system and so I've turned it off at both valves but this doesn't seem to have fixed the issue either.

Any ideas would be great because I'm at a loss of what to do next and the missus is going to kill me if I don't get her hot water fixed soon.

Cheers folks,
Crofty

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler noisy when it fires up from cold?

Also do you have any idea what the boiler is range rated to. Originally they were factory set to 18kw but can be adjusted up to 30kw. So if your trying to put 30kw of heat into a smaller heating system it can cause this problem.

Other causes are poor circulation, sh*t in the main heat exchanger or dodgy pump

Check you have water in your header tank first.

Do the rads bleed ok? If you are constantly having to bleed out air then your proabably losing water somewhere.

Can you post a photo of the rounded bleed screw?

Tony

Is the boiler noisy when it fires up from cold?

Also do you have any idea what the boiler is range rated to. Originally they were factory set to 18kw but can be adjusted up to 30kw. So if your trying to put 30kw of heat into a smaller heating system it can cause this problem.

Other causes are poor circulation, sh*t in the main heat exchanger or dodgy pump

The boiler doesn't seem to be overly noisy when it turns on. I have no idea what the boiler is ranged to I'm afraid. How would I find this out?

I presume the heat exchanger is part of the boiler

Check you have water in your header tank first.

Do the rads bleed ok? If you are constantly having to bleed out air then your proabably losing water somewhere.

The radiators bleed OK yes. A question about this though; am I meant to stop bleeding the radiators when a steady stream of water starts coming out or when the escaping air starts to bubble with the water? I am having to bleed the radiators about once every week/two weeks. I thought about a leek somewhere and have check all the radiator valves and none seem to be wet.

There is water in the header tank yes. I have two tanks in the loft, one small and one large (presumably one for the CH and one for the water to the bathroom.

Can you post a photo of the rounded bleed screw?

Tony

The rounded bleed screw isn't actually rounded in the end (I managed to get it out with a pair of pliers). It now looks like I can't get the bleed key far enough into the radiator for it to catch the screw

In that case put the bleed key in your lathe and turn it down a little smaller.

Tony

How do you know he has a lathe?

Sounds like the pump is on the way to me, or he has a CH circuit with TRVs on every rad and no bypass........

How do you know he has a lathe?

Sounds like the pump is on the way to me, or he has a CH circuit with TRVs on every rad and no bypass........

No TVR's on any of the rads. My dad does have a lathe so I shall have a go at grinding the key down this week

Only me again. So I last bled the rad and pump on Monday eve and I've had to do them again this morning. When I say I'm bleeding the pump it actually has a sticker on it that says magnaclean on it. This is the pump right?

!

Is it connected to the mains, this thing you are bleeding?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back