Replacing Condense Trap on GlowWorm 30 CXI

Really? It looks like I can release it by undoing a couple of screws and disconnecting the various hoses. It's definitely the cause of the dripping from the bottom of the boiler. Water is accumulating on the top of the trap assembly.
Really really. You shouldn't even remove the casing of the boiler unless you're Gas Safe Registered and able to carry out the Regulation 26.9 checks on completion, as it forms the safety room seal on the appliance. I was working on one of these boilers last week, and with the casing off it was throwing out enough carbon monoxide to kill. The condensate trap is indeed connected to the flue, and incorrect fitting can cause the boiler to produce carbon monoxide. Whilst these boilers are theoretically room sealed, it doesn't take very much for that seal to be lost and then CO can escape into the room (as was happening with the boiler I was working on last week - it had set off a CO alarm and I was called in to sort it).

Don't risk your and your family's lives, please call someone in who knows what they're doing

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Only just seen this post and quite surprised at the advice being offered, you are directly interfering with the flue system by touching the trap or anything upstream of it, and on a boiler whos gas valves can drift quite notably producing very dangerous levels of carbon monoxide if its not being regularly serviced and adjusted with the use of flue gas analyser equipment.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back