Facefit garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a half brick garage and I'd like to face fit a roller garage door. The pillars are 2 brick wide but the lintle is only 1. Any advice on how to build and support a frame to fill the gap. Yellow in picture. The garage door mechanisim only requires 2 screws going into the frame so I guess not particularly structual.
Thanks
20230928_135425.jpg

Sponsored Links
I have a roller door fitted on the other side so it fits flush. Alternatively screw a suitable wooden batten to bridge the gap.

Thanks. I've gone with this solution as it means all the bits are in the garage and meets the requirements of my bike insurance. I'm not totally sure how to build the wooden frame. I'm thinking a couple of 2"x screwed into the lintle verticle and then just screw the horizontal one into them

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I've gone with this solution as it means all the bits are in the garage and meets the requirements of my bike insurance. I'm not totally sure how to build the wooden frame. I'm thinking a couple of 2"x screwed into the lintle verticle and then just screw the horizontal one into them
20230928_141628.jpg

Is that looking from inside the garage? If so it should do the job.

Does anyone have any tips on building the green structure so that it sits flush with the face of the pillars?

20230928_141628.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back