fair price?

jtw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have just been quoted £70 to supply and fit an outdoor tap. The plumber said he reckoned it would only take him an hour, and the length of additional pipework is about 15cm (i.e. it's on the other side of the wall from the existing pipes).

Fair?

Cheers.

(ps. I live in central london).

Sponsored Links
Say it would take an hour to fit, how long does it take him to get there, how long to the next job, has bought parts at some time. It will probably take longer from start to finish.

true, was just wondering if that seemed like a decent quote - i've already booked it up.

Thats okay, the drill bit I use for that job cost me £40 and the drill £400....gotta claw your money back somewhere

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't recommend the kit though. They use a self cutting valve to connect to the water supply. They might be a problem later on.

£70.00 is cheap when you consider that a double check valve bib tap is a must, have to have another stop valve internally with facility to empty the pipe when winter approaches. Or else the plumber would call every year to replace the damaged bib tap and replace split pipe.

that' a good point about it all freezing in winter - i'll have to check this is being allowed for.

Thanks all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back