fall on a drain

I tried to ad a diagram i did in paint, but didn't know how to upload. however its just as i've described in the post.

Is it not clear?

Sponsored Links
...../
I'll the have a gully outside the kitchen,
B) Is it ok for rain water from guttering to go in to gully? might sound a little dumb but ive been told a soakaway is better for something to do with regs.

You sure that you know where you're going?
How were you going to run the rain water into the kitchen waste if it's inside?

Save your diagram to your PC, make a note of where you've saved it.
Go into your profile in DIYnot, add the images (or click on 'upload new images' below)
Once they're saved in your albums, you can easily click on 'show my images' below and a simple click will add it to the post.

BTW, if you have Excel, it's far better for diagrams than Paint.

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure but I suspect you'll have to, at least, have a rodding point in the WC stack and feed the whb waste into that same stack. You might have to install an IC at the join in the drain run, (an airtight or double seal cover) By putting a 'y' junction to the main run from the WC stack, you might get away without an IC, but I'm not sure.

I think your kitchen waste will not be a gulley, but a simple rest bend, but you'll have to make an airtight connection. The u-bend under the sink will be your trap. How will you provide w/m or d/w connections? It's possible to provide these with traps, I think. Again you might need an IC at the join to the main run, or provide some rodding access at the sink. This might be just by disconnecting the sink waste.

The start of the run is the gulley outside, but you may not be able to feed rainwater into this, so why is it there?

If the intended extension is beyond this, then that will be the start of the run. Anything else will either join via 'y' junctions or ICs.

Which way does the run go from the existing manhole 'cos you can't introduce new inlets against the flow.

Hopefully the more experienced have not run out of patience and will chip in.

Do you know what you're doing with the pipes going under the walls?

@ oldun, I'll stick with the minimalist response next time. ;)

Thanks Red, I've got planning permission + given in a building notice, nothing has been been agreed as such re the drains. But i defo will run it through with him on his visit. Thanks for the help anyhow, very much appreciated.

My advice for next time:
Building Notices are for people who know what, why and how, they're doing.
If you're unsure go for Regs drawing, they'll provide details and specs.

For a diyer to build an extension etc on a building notice is a bit daunting.

You would save time, money and effort employing a designer for a few hundred quid to take the hassle for you.

Similarly, if you are asking questions on a forum then you need some direction - i.e. a drawing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back