Moving an inspection chamber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On looking at where I'm going to build a wall as part of an extension, I have an issue with an inspection chamber. As you can see on the diagram it currently sits in an ideal location at the intersection of the drains.

I intend to extend the kitchen out sideways (level with the kitchen wall) to incorporate the lean to and outbuildings which will at present build over the inspection chamber.

If I just move the inspection chamber straight backwards it will not be at the intersection of the drains thus prevent rodding.

Just for info, drain 2 will likely be removed.

Any ideas?

PS - image not uploading at present - will add when fixed

Sponsored Links
If this is a public sewer, you will need Severn Trent's permission before moving their pipes and manhole.

I believe this is my private sewer. In my back garden and only my waste going into it.

Sponsored Links
Here is the image at last!

Attachments

• Drain location.jpg
    Drain location.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 567
Only thing I can suggest is moving the chamber out slightly so its clear of the building, turn the existing drains 90deg inside the new chamber, and then use a slow bend immediately outside the chamber to get the drain back to the existing line. Really cannot avoid a chamber on a 90deg bend, using a 90 deg bend and burying it is a recipe for disaster.

Is an option to cap off the top of the chamber and add in rodding eyes along the runs?

If drain 2 is being removed, then swap the chamber for a bend and rodding eye

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back