false alarm

You are reading the same resistance each time, (since it has not changed) but you are chaning your meter setting by 10 times.

it was 2k max, now 20k max.

2 x 10 = 20

With meter leads shorted you will get a reading of 0.01 or 0.1 depending on what range the meter is set at.

Sponsored Links
You are reading the same resistance each time, (since it has not changed) but you are chaning your meter setting by 10 times.

it was 2k max, now 20k max.

2 x 10 = 20

With meter leads shorted you will get a reading of 0.01 or 0.1 depending on what range the meter is set at.
actually your right, my meter reads .o1 when probes shorted.
What I'm asking is, my readings seem to match the .o92x meter of cable except I seem to be a few decimal points out ie .027 instead of 2.7 no matter what setting I put my meter to it does'nt come up correct ie 20k reads .27 200k reads .2 mybe its my cheap meter £18 :confused:

the resistance depends on the diameter of the cable being meaured.

since you have x size ? core i would not worry yourself over it.

the resistance depends on the diameter of the cable being meaured.

since you have x size ? core i would not worry yourself over it.
I'm not bothered I just want to know for the next time.
The figure .092x was the theory quoted earlier ie multiply the length of the cable run by .092 and multiply that by two.
That figure then should be close to the actual meter reading, for comparison.

Sponsored Links
you can not rely on that figure, which is why i said not to worry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back