Texecom Premier 24 False Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I own a Premier 24 panel and keep getting a intermittent false alarm on the same wired zone. I am currently on nights at work and had a notification on my phone that the alarm has gone off again, seeing as it was gone midnight my neighbours will love me!! I've even got the zone set on double knock and I'm still getting false alarms.
The nuiciance PIR is actually a Risco iwise quad, which I know doesn't matter much, but thought i'd mention it. It is in my kitchen which isn't exactly an harsh environment so I don't think temperature/light changes are the issue.
My plan tomorrow is to test the cable with a multimeter, am I right in thinking I just need to twist the cores together for the alarm and measure the resistance, which sould basically be zero ohms? Just wondering what other tests I can do with the multimeter to try and diagnose my issue.
I have a spare PIR which is a Texecom Premier Dual Tech so if the alarm cable seems okay, I'm going to replace the detector itself.

Just to add, I recently fitted a PIR to my extension and used some of the spare cores from the cable running to the kitchen PIR. The cable was six core, so I wired the kitchen PIR in EOL and changed the setting in the control panel to suit (from NC to EOL). This freed up two spare cores. I then linked the +12v and 0V to the new detector and used the spare cores for the alarm. The new PIR works fine and has given no trouble. Just wondering if I have damaged a wire in the process as I wasn't getting false alarms before. I checked the resistors in the Risco PIR for alarm and tamper (they can be adjusted by moving the jumpers) and seem to be correct for a Texecom panel (4K7 for alarm and 2K2 for tamper).

Any other things I need to check?

Any help much appreciated.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Bad connection/ loose on the power connections ? If you are using the eol option on your pir a cable fault would normally come up as a tamper

Ah right thanks for that. Is that because the resistor value is lower on the tamper? Never had a tamper fault, besides it would happen even when the alarm is disarmed. Wonder if I've got a duff detector? Just about to rip the floor boards up to start testing so let you know how I get on.

Thanks again.

Ok, I've tested the cable cores for resistance and continuity and it appears to be fine. I have replaced the PIR for the Texe Dual Tech one. I'm on nights again tonight and I really want to be sure the issue is fixed (had a polite note from my neighbour through the letterbox telling me the alarm went off).
Just for now and to be sure I don't wake the neighbours I have set the zone type to PA Silent so that I will know if the PIR has triggered but it wont set off the internal or external sounders. Does this sound like the way to go? Don't know what else to do, I'm pretty sure its not insects, suppose the only thing left would be a dodgy zone on the control panel itself??

Just one last thing, on the Texe Premier Elite dual tech PIR, which is more sensitive, Pulse Count 1 or Pulse Count 2?

Many thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thought so, I presume on pulse count 1 the sensor just has to see hot to cold to alarm and on pulse count 2 it has to see hot to cold to hot??

Thanks for the reply.

Something like that. I think that it means that you have to cross two "looking beams" rather than one.

:idea: Make sure that the microwave range is not set too high - do a walk test and keep backing it off until it just sees you at the most distant corner and then wind it back up a smidge...

Last edited:
Ok, went out yesterday for a few hours, came back in and the keypad displayed 'Test Failed'. SHHHIIITTEE! However, I have looked at the event log on Wintex and it doesn't say anything about it, which is confusing??
I do have to walk past the PIR to get to the keypad and disarm the alarm, could it just be that? I have the zone set to Guard Access so it shouldn't log an alarm on entry/exit should it? I have entry/exit on a 45 second timer.

Just done a test, set the alarm and left the house, came back in and disarmed and it didn't display 'test failed'. Can't understand why it showed test failed yesterday but didn't show up on the event log?? Could this indicate a control panel issue?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back