Zone giving false alarm on Accenta G3 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Our alarm has started giving False alarms.
I have started to record the false alarms and it OK most of the night and has sounded at
06.00, 08.00 and 07.55 on the mornings I have recorded it.

If we omit the zone when we go to bed we dont have a problem.

I have replaced the PIR in the room with a pet freindly honeywell pir (we dont have pets but I thought of mice) and the control panel battery and still have false alarms.

Heating comes on at 08.00 we dont draw the curtains in that room and the sun comes up on that side of the house but have not had problems in the last 20 years.

Any help and advice appreciated.
Paul

Sponsored Links
If you have changed the detector have you checked that it is the correct zone which is false alarming ?
Have known zone specs to be wrong.
It could be a number of issues, faulty cable, loose connection, power surge red.
First check all devices indicate the correct zone when triggered.
Cover sensor over, if it still false alarm them you could link it out in control panel.If problem goes away could be cable fault. If still false alarms then need to start checking panel and test for voltage and other possibilities.
Process of elimination .

We omited the zone that was originally faulting last night when we went to bed.
The alarm went off at 6.53 this morning and the fault was shown as tamper or flashing spanner depending on which remote panel you looked at.
Next steps do the walk test to check zone numbers are correct and to swap out the battery in the bell box as the control panel is already got a new one.
Thanks HandymanJo for your detailed reply.
I will post what the fix is if I ever find one.

Paul

Tamper can mean various things,
Omitting zone will not isolate a tamper fault,
Loose cover on detector , control panel lid ,bell box damaged cable or possible faulty battery.
Check pir covers first and control panel lid and keypad.
Next step may be to start linking out tamper circuits.
If not competent then get someone in.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, think we have sorted it.
We did a walk test and found as handymanjo suggested and the alarm zone documentation was wrong so we had changed the pir on the wrong zone.
The sensor that was triggering the alarm is close to a radiator and we assume for some reason after 10-15 years it has started to be affected by the heat from the radiator.
We have installed a dual tech sensor (Infa red/microwave) that requires heat and movment to trigger it and after a couple of nights seems to be OK.
Fingers Crossed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back