False alarms, air freshener

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a couple of false alarms in a room that was totally closed. Not had false alarms in there before. Just noticed there is a free standing battery powered air freshener in there. I would not have thought the fine mist would be the problem but just asking if anyone has had any issues with these or any comments ?

andytw

Sponsored Links
Intruder alarm or fire / smoke alarm ?

Above average amounts of air freshener have been known to trigger smoke / fire alarms. ( manufacturer's in-house and un-published test results ). But these were very high levels far too high for a person to feel comfortable in the room and therefore considered unlikely to be a problem in normal domestic use.

If it is an intruder alarm first get the vacuum cleaner with the pipe adaptor and clean behind and around the sensor?
If it is smoke alarm check battery and possible install date of smoke detector.Also get the vacuum cleaner and pipe adaptor and clean inside the smoke detector and near smoke chamber ? If you still have problem change the unit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. It is actually an intruder alarm. The detector is an Honeywell IS-215TQ. I will clean it today and see how it goes.

andytw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back