Fan assisted cooker??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just a quickie! :)

I'm having a new gas cooker fitted next week. It is apparantly a fan assisted one (oven) - just wondering if the cooker will still be the same to use, or will there be a different button to operate the fan etc? How does the fan work?? Just curious as never had a fan one before, and my last one was battery operated ignition (2 x aa)!!

Thanks for your help, sorry for sounding thick!!!

Sponsored Links
Fan assisted Ovens cook stuff quicker, you can generally use as conventional oven (without fan) by just turning user control

The temp will be much more even throughout the oven, so you can cook 2 shelves of buns and the top ones won't be burnt while the bottom one are still raw.

However you won't be so successful doing a roast in the top and a milk pudding in the bottom.

You may need to cook at slightly lower temps than recipes say.

You might or might not have a fan on/off mode switch.

Thanks for your help

So basically the fan will come on when the oven is ignited? (unless it has a separate switch) I was just wondering if it would be more technical to use!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help

So basically the fan will come on when the oven is ignited? (unless it has a separate switch) I was just wondering if it would be more technical to use!! :oops:

Nah, cookers is quite easy to use, they're designed fur burds eftir a.

Nae offence if yu'r a burd, like. Or if yu'r nae.

I'm having a new gas cooker fitted next week. It is apparantly a fan assisted one (oven) - just wondering if the cooker will still be the same to use, or will there be a different button to operate the fan etc? How does the fan work??
Read the cooker manual carefully and follow the advice given about temperatures etc. and you won't go wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back