New cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at getting a replacement cooker, nothing wrong with the current electric one we are just having a spruce up.

The current single fan assisted oven is plugged into a standard socket behind the fridge.

I want a similar cooker just a single fan assisted one in chrome what will I have to look for in a cooker so I can just plug it straight in please?

don't want to get a bargin cooker then have to rip up all the floors to power it.

Thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
Single fan assisted oven - you need the rating to be less than 3KW (3000w) - 13Amps so you can plug it in.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is that kind of cooker available? Or they all more or less than 3kw? Is it just the Big Uns that are more that 3kw?

Thanks again.

More or less all single ovens are 13A or below. Those with two cavities are more.

Sponsored Links
your use of the word COOKER is confusing.

You are after an OVEN i believe, so yes it is possible to get 3KW SINGLE OVENS.

DOUBLE OVENS range from 4KW to 6KWish

COOKERS however range in power from 7KW to 15KW (big range cookers) and up.

HOBS also range in power from 4KW to 9KW.

Above figures a guide only. All appliances vary, terminology doesnt. :LOL:

Sorry by cooker I mean Oven

We have a gas hob so it will only be a single electric fan assisted oven i need with a grill in it just like I have now.

Sorry to be confusing....:cool:

Gas hob and electric (fan) oven - very good choice, best of both worlds.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back