Farm Mains Upgrade

I know fuses would be better, but where all this is located it needs to be IP rated as the rain could possibly blow in. I was going to use an IP Dist board to house it all.
Couldn't you get suitably IP-rated enclosures that would be able to house fuses? I've never had reason to look for such things, but would be surprised if they don't exist.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Though if the area where the RCDs are is liable to getting wet, then the cutout & meter are at risk of the same, so the area should be waterproofed

Couldn't you get suitably IP-rated enclosures that would be able to house fuses?
Of course you can.

A suitably IP rated DB could have fuse carriers installed instead of MCBs.

All that's left to address is what to do if you need to open the door of the enclosure in the driving rain.

Sponsored Links
Couldn't you get suitably IP-rated enclosures that would be able to house fuses?
Of course you can.

A suitably IP rated DB could have fuse carriers installed instead of MCBs.

All that's left to address is what to do if you need to open the door of the enclosure in the driving rain.

Perhaps this is the way to do it then. Do hagar do one to fit in their IP VE type of dist board anyone know? Havn't googled it yet.
Re the rain, the building has a roof etc, but should really have double doors (like a garage really) but it doesn't. Its unlikely to get really wet, but could get 'damp'.

Put a normal board / switch fuses inside a sarel steel or grp enclosure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back