Contactum RCD's & TD RCD's

Equitum: 4mm would most def not suffice. Hot Tub needs 16 Amps, 2 x 1.3 kW heaters, plus Lighting, Plus the voltage drop over the run. Worked it all out and i could have gone with 10mm but thought i'd go 16mm so room for expansion later (don't wanna rip up my decking & patio again to rerun cable).

Adam_151: Will earth Armour & third core at house end and use a Pratley joint to maintain earth when teeing off for garage. Won't connect third core or armour at any of the two CU's but will use earth rod at each site.

Cheers for all your help (bet your sick of hearing from me now) but i have one more quick question. Was talking to a spark (mate of a mate) about not being able to get a contactum TD RCD and he said to just use a MK one, it will fit fine into my board. Had to call into TLC to pickup Pratley so took a quick look at both makes and they seem to be of same dimensions (but didn't wanna fork out £69 + VAT to find out for sure). Anyone know the answer?

Cheers Again
Jambo

Sponsored Links
The pitch on the MK breakers are the same as contactum so u should be fine.
Personally I try and use all one maker on a board rather than pick n mix.

TLC do an 80A and the 100A MK TD RCD so make sure u get the right one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back