Fascia oil based paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After cutting out 10 inches of fascia that had rot damage, I'm ready to put the replacement bit in. I've painted it all around once with Zinser primer and once with Albany undercoat.
Is there any downside to leaving the 'inside' without the gloss top coat and screw this bit on followed by a top coat for the lot?
I know insides aren't painted normally but the builder that put this extension up was a right cowboy who bodged it up so that every time there's more than a drizzle/shower, water gets in at the is corner. Correcting the underlying problem will need at the very least redoing the flat roof plus additional work at £1000+; not really an option here.

Sponsored Links
I would just give it extra coats of undercoat before fixing. As its not getting any direct weather it should be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back