Fascias and soffits.. cowboys?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all.

I need fascias and soffits replacing on my link detached house. A number of extensions over the years pre my ownership means access to certain areas is above a mixture of flat and pitched single storey roofs (neighbour's garage/extension), or from narrow alleyways beneath the pitch.

One chap quoted 5k but said he had no idea how he'd access some of the hard to reach areas (think he just couldn't be arsed with the job).

Another has quoted 2k and has said he wouldn't need scaffolding and could work from the roof itself.

I'm completely uneducated on this, so my question is: can this type of work be done without scaffolding? Or does an offer to complete without scaffolding indicate a cowboy job?

Clearly 2k is far more appealing, but not if it's going to be a bodge job. But if it's a common/recognised method then it would give me some confidence in the quote.

TIA!

Sponsored Links
Ask the cowboy to do a small section with option for the whole job. If you are happy with the small section, then you can go ahead with the rest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back